Bananarama- Our favorite banana recipes
What ever you do, DO NOT THROW OUT YOUR SPECKLED BANANAS! Sorry for yelling but we girls at Things We Heart LOVE a good ripe banana. Yes, they are generally too sweet to eat when they are that ripe but did you know that is when they are at their peak healthiness and usefulness? So when your bananas are too freckled or brown to eat come back to this post and you're welcome :)
Ok people...grab those bananas and start getting it on...wait...getting it IN...wait....just start cooking! Here are our FAVE ways to eat our bananas...and PS they are all perfect for dessert...or breakfast...snack...lunch... dinner? Ok forget it just read on ....
- 2 Bananas, cut into ½" pieces
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Earths Balance butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Combine the cinnamon, butter and sugar in a frying pan over medium-high heat until melted and combined.
- Add the banana slices and cook for 4 minutes until the bottoms start to caramelize and turn golden brown. Adjust the temperature and cooking time as needed so that they don't burn.
- Flip all the banana pieces and cook for another 4 minutes until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
BANANA NICE CREAM- Things We Heart. OUR KIDS GO CRAZY FOR THIS!
Ingredients- PS THIS IS TOO GOOD TOO EASY AND SOOOO GOOD!
- 4-8 ripe bananas cut and frozen
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cocoa powder (if you want chocolate)
- options- peanut butter, chocolate chips, mint, nuts, coconut, etc....
Blend all ingredients in a Cuisenart until smooth. Voila! Its INSANITY!
- ¼ c plain, unsweetened vegan milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ c vegan butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ c flour
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ c walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 9" loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together vegan milk and vinegar. Set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream together vegan butter and sugar.
- Add bananas, vanilla, and milk mixture and beat.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, powder and soda, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add dry mixture to wet and beat just until all of the flour is moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the loaf comes out mostly clean.
- Slide a knife around the outer edge of the loaf to ensure nothing is stuck.
- Cool 5-10 minutes in loaf pan, then flip loaf out onto a wire rack and cool fully.
What's your favorite way to eat bananas?