Be you the hostess or the guest, it is time for a whole bunch of holiday celebrating! Wouldn't you like to impress your friends with your mixologist skills? Well, we are here to help!
Here are three drinks you can't go wrong mixing up for your friends this Christmas.
1. The Vodka Fizz
This Jamie Oliver cocktail may just be the perfect drink for me, although I would sub out the vodka for a Gluten Free brand like Titos, which we love.
Here is all you will need.
- 1 lime
- 50 ml Grey Goose vodka
- 25 ml St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- 70 ml soda water , ice cold
- ice , cubed
1. Fill a flute glass with ice to chill
2. Roll the lime to release the juice and cut in half
3. Squeeze 25ml of lime juice into a shot glass (fill half way)
4. Pour 25ml of St Germain elderflower liqueur into the shot glass (to fill to the top)
5. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the elderflower and lime juice mix
6. Add the Grey Goose vodka to the cocktail shaker and shake until the ice is broken and the shaker is cold on the outside
7. Empty your glass of ice then pour in the liquid using a cocktail strainer and tea strainer over the glass (to catch the fine ice)
8. Top up with soda water and garnish with a stirrer
2. Autumn Crumble-
Another delicious mix from Jamie Oliver.... Who now I feel like we need to go have drinks with, just waiting on the invite Jamie!
Here is what you will need.
- 1 part Martini Bianco
- 1 dash apple juice
- ginger ale , to taste
- apple segments , to garnish
- Add the Martini Bianco and apple juice to a rocks glass with some cubed ice. Top with ginger ale and stir lightly. Garnish with a fanned apple segment.
3. Holiday Moscow Mule-
Who doesn't love a Moscow Mule? How can you resist the gorgeous mug? Looking to get some of your own to supply your bar? Check here.
Here is what you will need-
Fresh lime wedges, to taste
1 solid copper mug
2 ounces gin or vodka (I used gin)
4-6 ounces ginger beer
2 ounces cranberry juice
Frozen cranberries, for garnish
Rosemary sprig, for garnish
- Squeeze the lime into the copper mug. Fill mug with ice and pour gin (or vodka), ginger beer, and cranberry juice over ice. Garnish with cranberries and rosemary sprig. Stir and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy these holiday drink tips and please as always remember to take Uber if you are drinking and have to hit the road!