It's finally here! AWARD SEASON! The only thing that can help us escape from the pending doom of Jan 20th and we couldn't be happier about starting it off with the Golden Globes. If you are already a reader you know this is when we say our faves and not so much. It feels weird to do the "not so much" category this year but hey... you gotta have a little Yang with your Yin right?
There were SO many good dresses/suits (woo!) but not that many GREAT ones. Sure they are all gorgeous women, with bodies of goddesses and skin of angels but that does not automatically mean great style. So we say cheers to the great ones...the ones that took a chance
- Blake Lively- The hardest thing to dress is a body after a baby, let alone 2! She did it with tremendous style in Atelier Versace
- Caitriona Balfe- We are not familiar with Caitriona but after tonight we are obsessed with her and love this Delpozo dress
- Chrissy Teigen- The glowing new mama in Marchesa has us smitten
- Drew Barrymore- This cutie stuns like a goddess in Monique Lhuillier
- Emma Stone- WINNER! Breath taking jaw droopingly perfect in Valentino Haute Couture. GO PETRA! (her stylist)
- Kathryn Hahn- Love a woman in a tuxedo and she did it perfectly
- Lily Collins- Like a perfect ballerina in Zuhair Murad Couture
- Mandy Moore- Love her understated goddessness in Naeem Khan
- Michelle Williams- Her quirky but beautiful dress by Louis Vuitton goes perfectly with her personality and the night
- Winona Ryder- WELCOME BACK! We love her and this dark glamorous look by Viktor&Rolf
- Zoe Saldana- Always perfect and always goes to her own beat this time in Gucci. Another perfect pick by Petra
And yes it's no fun to say this but we can't not! SJP! What's going on? We adore you! We j'adore your style, willingness to be different but what happened? And why isn't Sir Gregory Arlt doing your makeup yet??? Love you!
But seriously...the Golden Globes are filled with talented women and men who have worked their entire careers to get into that room. Who have excelled, gotten a lucky break (after a tremendous amount of work that is) and have not given up their love. We love to watch life reward people for entertaining, teaching and letting us escape.