Normally we aren't the most trendy of girls. Sure we fall prey to the newest and cutest denim here and there and we have never met a jumpsuit trend we didn't like. But when it comes to the latest and "greatest" from the world of trendy fashion, we tend to trust our instincts and personal style more. We gravitate to what suits us in that moment instead of what the stores are asking us to buy.
Until now...last season designers showed a ton of lace up tops, pants and dresses. And this ode to the 70's trend is RIGHT up our hippie lovin alley. The almost sexy but totally not slutty trend is perfect for us girls who don't enjoy letting our boobs and cleavage hang out but still want to not be totally covered up.
Here are our favorites right now...
- one- Daryl K x Madewell (on sale!) love the sailor vibes. Pair it with hightop chucks
- two- You had us at stars Nasty Gal. The sweet/sexiness of this sundress kills us
- three- Love the rusty floral print of the UO flow summer top. This and denim cutoffs!
- four- Perfect for a brunch, meeting, date...anything. This 3 Dots dress is great for summer.
- five- Oh Madewell. We love you. And stripes.
- six- Little sexy with a lot of style. This denim dress from FP is perfect.
We hope this trend stays around a bit. It feels so good to be so cute with a splash of naughty, a hint of sexy and a lot of style with out having to do much except for change out of our sweat pants and baby daddy's old t-shirts.