OK. If you know us then you know we are all about being honest about life and motherhood in this world of "Perfect People" living their perfect lives on social media. But, what you may not know is that we are (both) not the most organized people. Our houses are rarely neat and tidy. Clean, yes but Pintrest level organized?...no. And while we beg our big kids to clean up their toys we secretly feel guilty at the state of our closets and drawers.
But, through our adventures of figuring out how to cutely, easily and quickly tuck away toys, we found that the best way was right in front of us. We both LOVE a beautiful basket and we figured out there is not a better, faster or better looking way to get those rooms clean then a bunch of pretty baskets in the corners, on the shelves and in the closets.
Here are our favorite woven and beautiful baskets, in stores right now, to make that messy area look pretty....fast!
- one- this woven rainbow beauty from The Little Market directly gives money to the craftsman who made it in developing countries
- two- oh Plum & Sparrow...how we LOVE thee. Your dreamy market baskets and moses baskets are to die for and perfect for keeping baby and kids toys neatly put away
- three- these CB2 beautifies are modern but romantic and will look great anywhere
- four- oh hi belly basket from our local shop in Silverlake! we need a lot of you
- five- Nate, be our boyfriend...like asap. And when you come over bring a few of these Nate Berkus for Target baskets with you
- six- loving the colorful and playful vibes of this Land of Nod basket
Ikea also has great baskets and bins at great prices. But you know that once you walk in to that store you will walk out with everything you need except for what you went in for.
What ever way you choose to make tidying up less painful, try to make it easy and pretty too!
**Helpful tip** Take 10 minutes each month to go through their baskets of toys and treasures and edit...edit...edit. When they are sleeping or at school, donate toys they don't play with and haven't in a few months. Put in a dark bag and in your trunk immediately. If you don't do this stealthy, they will "NEED" that item they don't even care about and it will be a very Oscar award winning moment.
P.S. Send us or post your photos of how you tidy up with baskets with the hashtag #TWHBasketlove and we will post a few of our favorites!