The holiday season is filled with so much goodness if you just look around. The twinkling lights, crisp air, kids hopeful faces in the crazy isles at Target, family and friends reconnecting, and tables filled with warm food and presents. That goodness is something we are all so very lucky to have. Not only blessed but very lucky. We were born into families, countries, cities, and castes where we were allowed the opportunities to live freely, work, gather and dream of lives we can create.
But as we look around at all of the cheer we are left thinking of the hundreds of millions of people around the world that were not afforded this same luck. Women and children forced into slave labor, children who don't know where their next meal may come from, barren forests and jungles that were destroyed but our love of meat and palm oil, and kids fortunate enough to go to school but left with no supplies.
So what can we do? If you read our post last week about 3 incredible world changing charities, you can donate to them to change the lives and earth forever. And since it's the season of gift giving we have put together a list of amazing items for everyone that have the power to give back. Give directly to the people who make them, give to kids who need food, water and school supplies, give transportation to people to allow them to work faster and longer and water to countries who go without.
Here are 9 incredible gifts that give back
- Glitter Brut by One Hope Wines- Every bottle provides 15 meals to a child in need
- Brass serving set- Provides good wages and supports great working environments in Uganda
- JCO chocolate- This bar provides 1 fresh meal to someone who's gone hungry in Boston, NY or SF
- Miir bikes- For every bike sold, one is given to a person in need around the world to be able to travel faster and farther to work or school
- Miir aluminum h2o bottle- Every bottle sold empowers one person with clean water for an entire year
- Feed Projects tote- For every tote sold 185 meals are given to school kids around the world
- Sydney Paige backpack- Every backpack sold, one is given (and FILLED with supplies) to a child in need for school
- Cuddle + kind dolls- Every doll sold provides 10 meals to a child in need for nutrition and brain development
- Krochet Kids beanie- Every sale provides skills, education and resources to the women who make them changing their lives forever
Giving by giving...genius! Stay tuned for more great gifts this week.
P.S. You are powerful, lucky and filled with love.