She's like a rainbow...
Lately we have become obsessed with colors and chakras and chakra balancing. I know, SUPER new age! The world is crazy right now, we need to find all possible ways to find clam or our heads will most likely explode.
Have you ever tried to meditate? If you have you have probably seen colors dancing before your eyes.... But what do those colors mean? What do they represent? Why are we drawn to certain colors and turned off by others? These are some of the many things we wonder about while trying to fall asleep at night.... Although I am supoussed to be meditating so I CAN sleep at night... See how ironic?
In all honesty I am completely new to this, so you will have to bear with me as I stumble my way through this chakra business. Let's learn together. I have collected this information from the web.
Chakra colors are typically broken down into seven and follow the order of the colors of the rainbow. Let’s look at the chakra colors in order, from red to purple and white, and explore their meanings and attributes.
In order, the colors of the seven primary chakras are:
- Red – First chakra
- Orange – Second chakra
- Yellow – Third chakra
- Green – Fourth chakra
- Blue (sapphire blue or turquoise) – Fifth chakra
- Purple (or deep indigo) – Sixth chakra
- White (sometimes purplish white) – Seventh chakra
Each color reflects a type of vibration or frequency radiating through the chakras. This classic color chart is based on yogic traditions, as well as contemporary healing schools of thought. Although the exact color of each energy center may vary, there is a general agreement about a rainbow-colored representation of the chakra system.
Different chakra colors and their meanings
- The Root Chakra – The Sanskrit word for this Chakra is Mooladhara Chakra (mool means root). The chakra colors associated with the root chakra is Red. The root chakra defines our relation to Earth. It impacts our vitality, passion and survival instincts. The red chakra colors are also indicative of our need for logic and order, physical strength and sexuality as well as the fight or flight response when faced with danger. The sense of smell in the human body is connected to the Root Chakra. The gland to which the root chakra is attached is the Gonads.
- The Sacral Chakra – The Sanskrit word for the sacral chakra is the Swadhisthana chakra. The chakra colors associated with sacral chakra is orange. Swadishthana chakra relates to the water element in the human body. The chakra colors orange impact sexuality, reproductive function, joy, desire and even creativity, compassion for others etc. The sense of Taste is associated with the Sacral Chakra. Glands and organs impacted by this chakra include the lymphatic system, female reproductive organs, large intestine, pelvis, bladder etc.
- The Solar plexus Chakra – The Sanskrit word for this chakra is ManiPura Chakra which literally translates to “city of jewels”. Thus the solar plexus chakra is the personal power chakra that is responsible for one’s personal and professional success. The chakra colors yellow of this energy vortex are associated with fire, energy, charge etc. This element of fire, when balanced and harmonious allows one to feel more confident, cheerful and energetic along with a right amount of respect for self and others. Our sense of sight is associated with the solar plexus chakra. The glands or organs associated with Solar plexus chakra are Adrenal glands.
- The Heart Chakra – Anahata Chakra or the heart chakra is associated with the chakra colors Green. This chakra influences our relationships and has the Air element. A weak heart chakra is responsible for sabotaging the relationships through distrust, anger and envy etc. Sense of touch is impacted by the heart chakra and the glands connected to it are Thymus and lymph.
- The Throat Chakra – The Vishuddhi chakra refers to our true voice. As the name suggests, the Throat chakra with its chakra colors Blue is associated with the ability to communicate, listen etc. The glands to which the Throat chakra is attached are the esophagus, ears, throat, thyroid, jaws, teeth and neck vertebrae. The ethereal element of the Throat Chakra, when balanced, allows an individual to have pleasant voice, artistic abilities, expressive ways and also ability to be in a higher place spiritually. The individuals with balanced throat chakra are able to meditate well and use their energy efficiently and artistically.
- The Brow/Third Eye Chakra – The Ajna Chakra literally translates to “centre of knowing or monitoring”. This chakra is associated with chakra colors Indigo and is connected to the Pineal or pituitary gland. Those with a well balanced brow chakra can have telepathic abilities, charismatic personality and they often do not have any fear of death. The element of electricity or telepathy along with the chakra colors of Indigo are associated with our sense of Thought.
- The Crown Chakra – This chakra is known as Sahasrara chakra in Sanskrit and is associated with the chakra colors of violet or purple. The crown chakra is associated with the pituitary gland, nervous system, and the brain and head region with its element of light. In its balanced state, this chakra can render individuals the ability to perform miracles, transcend the laws of nature, and have a heightened awareness of death and immortality.
What will you do with this information? Not sure what we will do with it ourselves, but like I said before, our country's political climate is so intense right now, for the sensitive souls among us, it can be too much. Sometimes we have to close our eyes and try and get back to a calm inner place. If meditation isn't for you, try going for a run or taking a nap- The need to break away from our screens is really strong for us right now.
Unplug for a while and get back to yourself.