A Few Things...
Welcome to the inside of our brain. A Few Things is where you get to see the little things that are making us happy right now. I mean there so many things make us happy but these are the little things that put a quiet smile on our faces and in our hearts. Come on in...
It's officially spring in LA as you may have guessed from our last post. And you can definitely feel it. Spring in LA grabs your Instagram deadend senses and shakes them back to life. The once chilly air has been replaced by insane wafts of jasmine and plumeria. The flowers are in full effect. Every corner you turn there is an explosion of color and gorgeous scents. Thank you LA!
This tee shirt had us stop in our tracks...well every tee from this super cute girl. We found it on a random Insta exploration and are crazy happy about it.
Not only is this Daisy Natives tee super cute with the most powerful message of girls supporting girls but $1 from every sale goes to the group Girls For A Change. An organization that helps girls have a voice and inspires them to get to their full potential. And at $26 a pop you can pass them around as gifts and give back while doing it!
Baths! Need we say more. On a recent visit to a friends house she revealed her insane bath ritual that she does daily. Now, we don't mean insane like crazy, we mean insane like "Wow.. you are the most awesome amazing self loving woman ever and you deserve every second!". So we got inspired and hopped in a hot bath filled with epsom salts and the dreamiest smelling essential oil we found in India. Although it only lasted 10 min...it was 10 min of heaven and healing love.
A little tid bit on why epsom salts are so amazing (just make sure you get 100% all natural, GMO free epsoms)
- Improved heart and circulatory health, reducing irregular heartbeats, preventing hardening of the arteries, reducing blood clots and lowering blood pressure.
- Improved ability for the body to use insulin, reducing the incidence or severity of diabetes.
- Flushed toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances.
- Improved nerve function by electrolyte regulation. Also, calcium is the main conductor for electrical current in the body, and magnesium is necessary to maintain proper calcium levels in the blood.
- Relieved stress. Excess adrenaline and stress are believed to drain magnesium, a natural stress reliever, from the body. Magnesium is necessary for the body to bind adequate amounts of serotonin, a mood-elevating chemical within the brain that creates a feeling of well being and relaxation.
- Reduced inflammation to relieve pain and muscle cramps.
- Improved oxygen use.
- Improved absorption of nutrients.
- Improved formation of joint proteins, brain tissue and mucin proteins.
- Prevention or easing of migraine headaches.
How ever you enjoy the little things...make sure you enjoy them. And seek them out. Because it really is all about the little moments.